The Red Stripe™ Wakea Medic Backpack provides you with the best combination of functionality in a low-profile durable pack. The modular system of four removable mesh bags, removable instrument panel, two fixed pockets and a bottom compressible IV bag holder, allows you to carry all your life-saving equipment.
The exterior is made with CORDURA® Nylon, Made in the USA, a textured nylon with military-grade filament fiber, and excellent resistance to fading, abrasion, rot and mildew. Quick drying, and highly water repellent. The urethane coating adds to the water resistance and durability. The interior and pouches are made with 400D Nylon, Made in the USA, a light, flexible and low absorbency material. Pair that with Extra-Heavy duty YKK® #10 coil zippers, Made in the USA, to ensure extra strength & reliability.
Military Tactical Spec – Made in the U.S.A.
Mission: Combat Medic Operations, Vehicle First Aid Bag, Survival bug out Bag
- Ergonomic – Multiple carry options
- Opens flat: Based on Special Forces medical rucks making it fast and easy to pack and organize
4 Carry Options
- Padded shoulder straps: Removable and adjustable Dual Density padded and molded with PALS webbing, D rings, quick release buckles and adjustable sternum strap
- Flat shoulder straps: Hidden long straps allow pack to be secured to vehicle, aircraft or over backpack
- Load Bearing Vest/Plate Carrier: Low Profile – Directly attaches with four (4) accessory connectors
- Carry Handles: Dual heavy-duty reinforced top handles
- Abrasion resistant Mil-Spec Nylon webbing throughout
- 2 reinforced carry drag handles
- Multiple rows of PALS webbing on the front and sides for MOLLE gear
- 2” x 3” Hook and loop patch (loop side) for Name Tag/IR ID
- Extra-Heavy-duty zippers with glove friendly zipper parachute 550 cord pulls
- Padded back support
- External Velcro Loop Panel on back provides work space
- Adjustable and tuckable shoulder, sternum, and waist straps
- Bottom Zippered Pocket with compression straps safely holds 1000cc IV bag, splints etc.
- Bottom Drain Hole
- Pouches neatly secured with Velcro loop
- Four (4) Quick Access removeable accessory pouches with full length zipper
- Two (2) fixed pouches with full length zipper
- Mesh Leno weave fabric pouches allows light and air to pass through freely
- Removeable Instrument Panel with elastic retainer bands for organization and rapid access
- Extra-Heavy-duty zippers with glove friendly zipper parachute 550 cord pulls – Red High Visibility
Berry Amendment Compliant
Dimensions: 20” L X 13” W X 3” D (50.8cm x 33.02cm x 7.62cm)
Capacity: 780 in3 (12.78L)
Weight: 4.2 lbs. (1.90 kg)
- Outer Material: 1000D Urethane Coated water resistant CORDURA® Nylon - Made in USA
- Inner Material: 400D Nylon – Made in USA
- Mesh Pocket and Internal Mesh Pouches: Leno Mesh - Made in USA
- Zipper: Extra-Heavy duty YKK® #10 coil zippers - Made in USA
- Hardware: Tough acetyl plastic for high performance applications - Made in USA
Washing and drying without machines can significantly extend the life of your backpack. And since nylon washes and dries easily, hand washing is not labor intensive. You can use regular laundry detergent on nylon, but never use chlorine bleach. Drip dry your nylon items on a non-staining hanger. Extend the lifetime by storing your backpack in cool, dry, and well-ventilated areas.
Zippers: For storage, long- and short term, and during transportation, we recommend to leave the zipper chain closed. The closed chain protects the sealing lips from dirt and damage. High humidity and temperatures over room temperature must be avoided.